We work on sustainability from three different standpoints: economy, environment and social.
In today’s post we are going to focus on the specific actions that SILAM conducts to take care of the environment and what we have achieved during these last years. In order to attain those achievements, innovation has proved to be a key tool for sustainable development: we have designed environmental solutions, improved the efficiency of our processes and minimised the impact of our activity and our products.
In this respect, we have achieved significant milestones in the following areas:
– 20% reduction in manufacturing losses through regular data analysis by a multidisciplinary team (resulting in better parameters, tooling, planning and staff training).
– 22% reduction of waste material by redesigning our own formulations and processes.
– 7% reduction of wooden, cardboard and plastic packaging by optimizing its design and capacity, as well as encouraging the use of reusable and/or recycled containers.
Furthermore, we are committed to protect our environment by promoting the following actions:
– Collaborating with Ihobe (a publicly-owned company that supports the Basque Government’s Ministry for the Environment) during the events aimed at sharing good practices and to elaborate the implementation guides for ISO 14001.
– Planning ahead of the legal changes by actively participating in the Consorcio del Caucho (Rubber Consortium) and collaborating with specialised advisory services.
Note: SILAM has been an ISO 14001 certified company for more than 15 years.